Abigals Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Abigals Build Thread

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

Abigals Build Thread

So i really wanted to make a build thread so it's raining out so i figured what else can i do, but let me warn you this will be slow
So please work with me i didn't really take many pictures so your going to have to use your imagination haha
i got the zj for a steal back in February 2009 feel in love with its power and it seemed like it could be a nice looking truck had never been on the forums so i had no idea how right i was

not my jeep but you get the idea
It was a stock 1994 jeep grand Cherokee limited 5.2 white and gold it was ruff trust me. had a broken fan blade bald tires some good scratches couple busted lights and absolutely no radio components but what ever it was a start
took it home and immediately took the radio out of my old truck and transferred it to my zj along with the luckily new and same sized tires next fixed the fan and replace the rotted muffler with a cherry bomb glass pack for the good ole' sound of the v8
slowly but surely after that i added different things here and there i blacked the hideous gold stripe added some new driving lights but mostly i was trying to save for a lift or so i thought...

jackedzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

the worst had come

The worst had happened in October 2009 i was driving after getting food and on my way back some dumb *** kid stops dead in the blind spot of a local high way i came around the bend with no time to stop . .

And boom ate the honda totaling it and banging up my zj pretty bad
i know i should have called it a loss but i love my zj and i knew a great body shop but sadly waiting over a month i got her back and lost my saving and buried myself a good amount in debt but it was worth it
Unread 08-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

Add insult to injury

after taking 2 moths to pay it back turned out the accident slammed the torque converter forward and boom went my transmission two days after i payed off the damage
upon further inspection my transmission looked stock but was slightly altered to fit the stock looking block that was modified on my zj long story short no one could REPLACE the transmission because of the alterations it had so i was forced to spend another couple Gs to rebuild it
knowing that i had a powerhouse no one could explain under my hood i had to keep this beast so the money was worth it
a week later i got it back running better then ever
Unread 08-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

Simplicity

Simplicity is not a word to describe this zj after the tranny replace it decided to spit out the u-joints front and back, both cv joints the tentioner pulley water pump and a vacuum leak but finally it was running with no problems
so i decided while paying my loan back for the tranny i would modify it appearance a little so i blacked all the lights like it was pre-accident and decided i would make this one good looking mall crawler because there's no way around here to mud
liking the relative design i had started i made my zj absolultly white and black

Unread 08-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

now

and now after a few more modifications. . .

I'll be adding more exterior photos tomorrow when the rain stops
but about a week ago i realized i had run out of exterior mods i decided to start inside black micro fibber covering everything that was cheap wood along with a new head linner dash pad and pillars all black micro fibber
i failed to mention the fact i had blue lit the interior of my truck in my first truck and moved it to my zj so the interior had the same idea as the extior its all black gray and a slight blue accent
Unread 11-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

So new pics to be added soon of the new mods:
6 6" roof lights on a custom mount not wired up yet
2 soon to be four reveres roof lights half a**ed wired up in rear on rear roof rack
under coated rockers and under side of bumpers
my favorite mod because i got sick of being pulled over i removed the tinted tails for full led and there BEAUTIFUL!!
and ordering leds for next mods such as led running lights in all front mounted driving lights and white running lights down the side
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
Unread 11-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
ZJPunk98
2002 WJ 

Looks good, keep up the work. These things are addicting and expensive
ZJPunk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

As you can see alots been done to my baby since my last post let's see if I can list them all
Custom hood scooped hood with matte black stripes
Tinted tails
Custom light bars front and back no pic of front yet
Lift is finally in but no tires cause no money
New lights here and there
Custom grille with hid driving light behind(pain to do)
Tinted front windows
Engine swap(nut from intake found itself a way into my engine and cause three cylinders to crack and many valves bent woohoo)
Low temp Thermostat things runs cold as ice now even in high heat
And lots of interior mods pop up touch screen radio new twelve inch subs ten speakers kenwood and alpine all around two amps under back seat a alpine and pyle driver black microfiber headliner and pillars and led lit tinted gauges
So much done and it's just making me love this thing so much more best part is so much more to go haha I'll keep you all updated from now on I'm back on here more often again
For those who are curious nexts mods in mind
Roof basket
33'(will they fit on a 3.5 in lift Idc is they rub alittle I don't mud much really as long as they don't hit the fenders normal driving I'm fine
More lift as always
Armor
Hood louvers(anyone selling some cheap pm can never find any in junk yard)
Any ideas for mods of comments on my rig welcome love to hear them
forumrunner_20110615_124731.jpg   forumrunner_20110615_124813.jpg   forumrunner_20110615_124858.jpg  
Unread 06-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

I can't tell from the last pic but it looks like you have side-exit exhaust just behind the rear tire. I don't think I have seen that done on a zj before now.
Canyon411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 07:21 AM   #10
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

Yeah thing was a pain in the lower region to make picked up a universal kit to make it whole exaust but the y pipe is done high flow magnaflow cat 2.5 in and out aero turbine and 2.5 in side swept tail
Unread 06-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #11
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

How it stands today (had to show off my new headlight covers)
1308937041-picsay.jpg  
Unread 06-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #12
k20a2
1993 ZJ 

A bit too much for my taste but do what you like bro
k20a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #13
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

yeah i took off the headlight covers and left the angry eyes looks better
Unread 08-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #14
jackedzj
1994 ZJ 

So finally got a new set of headlights went with some nice looking one pc setup looks pretty good and finally pulled that sticker and it looks good just waiting for two more 33 bfg ats and thell be on can't wait
1313022042-picsay.jpg   1313022095-picsay.jpg   forumrunner_20110810_202242.jpg  
Unread 08-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #15
CleverName
1998 ZJ 

Nice recovery!
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.