Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

99 WJ has mind of its own......someone should know wut this electrical problem s/b

471 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  superarmen 
#1 ·
I have a 99 wj limited and have checked all the fuses, changed battery connectors & battery, but problem still occurs.

gauges dont work at all...none of the gauges respond ( i dont know how fast im going, at what rpm, how much gas i have, etc...)

While driving today I noticed that when i hit the turn signal, the gauges started working again and then dropped as soon as i turned off my turn signal....same thing happens when i turn the highbeams on.....it was very responsive becasue everytime i touched the turn signal or highbeam everything would work...

any idea as to what it may be?????

#2 ·
Take apart the steering column, and mess with the left stalk.

It might have a loose connection in there somewhere.

Go to wjjeeps.com, and look up automatic headlight installation procedure.

Basically it'll tell you what to do to take the left stalk out.

#3 ·
FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It ended up being the HBL relay that was causing all the problems....had a new one as a spare so we used that and got the problem fixed....... it finnally helps to know how fast im driving and how much gas i have!!!! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.