99 Jeep Grand Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
dpellin

99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Can anyone tell me any tips concerning the ccv, checking it and replacing it?

dpellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2007, 07:37 AM   #2
micifus
Original GC'er

1993 ZJ 

Are you having issues with oil in the air filter?. There are too CCV the one up front which is just and elbow and cant really clog but can break. If it aint broke dont mess with with. the one in the rear of the engine has a small orifice that needs to be cleaned. This can be done with a paper clip and parts cleaner. Both are a PITA to pull out and offten break, sometimes it is just easier to purchase replacements. Pry the old one out breaking it in the process then put the new one in. Also clean and or replace your hoses attached to it. If this does not work you need to remove your valve cover and clean that out.

1970 Jeepster Commando 225 V6
32"x11.5" BFG A/T
4" Lift

"For every one thing I fix two things break"
micifus is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.