99 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 P0432 Bank 2 Code - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 P0432 Bank 2 Code

Advance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
JEEPCD

99 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 P0432 Bank 2 Code

Hi Guys,
My check engine light comes on for a month then goes off for a few days and now its back on again. Hooked the scanner up it shows P0432 Bank 2. I was looking through some postings and everyone has differenent recommendation for the fix some people say replace the main catalytic some say change the 02 Sensor. At this point I dont want to start guessing on how to repair this as I know my Jeep has 3 Cats. Does anyone know the correct fix???

JEEPCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
JEEPCD

Anyone

Can anyone help me out?
Unread 02-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

While the performance of O2 sensors can degrade without throwing an O2 sensor code, it won't degrade in such a way as to cause a catalytic converter efficiency code. Trust the code and replace the converter below the passenger side exhaust manifold.
Unread 02-12-2008, 07:12 AM   #4
JEEPCD

RM thanks for your help do you know of any places online that I can order the catalytic want to make sure its compatable.
Unread 02-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I would email Kolak at kolak@aol.com. He is a good source of Jeep parts at reasonable prices. Mention that you heard about him on JeepForum to ensure you get the best price.

Consider replacing both converters (sometimes referred to as mini-cats) because if one is gone, the other can't be far behind. They will need to welded in, and the effort to install two is only a little greater than just one.
rm2001wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
JEEPCD

Thanks for your help.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.