99 Jeep G Cherokee A/C Vent Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 99 Jeep G Cherokee A/C Vent Question

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-27-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
jeepyjeep

99 Jeep G Cherokee A/C Vent Question

Hey: I just paid major bucks to have the evap core, accum and new blen doors installed in a 99 jeep grand cherokee with Dual Climate Control. I picked the jeep up and noticed when i turn the a/c on high (air is cold) the left center console dash vent blows good and the right center console vent is weak, also the vent next to it on the passenger side is weak. note: i've owned this jeep since new and the vents always blew very well and with equal amounts of flow (left/right) until i had the work done. repair guy claims nothing can be done and i can't find any schematics of the a/c duct work to verify or disprove his claim. any idea? thx for looking...

jeepyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2006, 05:19 AM   #2
Turbonut

First, if you haven't tried, check to see if HVAC system has any error codes. Check over on wjjeeps.com for info on how to.
Turbonut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
jeepyjeep

sweet! - thx for you help - i'll go run the diagnostic with the dealer and see if they re-calibrated the AZC...
Unread 09-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
Blake
Redefining body roll

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyjeep
Hey: I just paid major bucks to have the evap core, accum and new blen doors installed in a 99 jeep grand cherokee with Dual Climate Control. I picked the jeep up and noticed when i turn the a/c on high (air is cold) the left center console dash vent blows good and the right center console vent is weak, also the vent next to it on the passenger side is weak. note: i've owned this jeep since new and the vents always blew very well and with equal amounts of flow (left/right) until i had the work done. repair guy claims nothing can be done and i can't find any schematics of the a/c duct work to verify or disprove his claim. any idea? thx for looking...
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it run you total?

1999.5 Ford F250
6.8l V10 l Auto l 4WD l 4" Spring Lift | 4.30 Gears | 35" Treadwright MT/R's

Youtube

Twitter
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #5
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

There is a TSB on this which might help you:

240799 - REDUCED AIRFLOW FROM CENTER OUTLETS

Date: 04/30/99

Model year(s): 1999

Description: Reduced airflow from center outlets.

Details: The heater A/C housing on these vehicles is sealed with a foam seal at the instrument panel. This seal can become loose or out of position. If this occurs, an air leak will be present in this location. This will result in reduced airflow from these outlets, be sure to check this seal. This can be accomplished by removing the center outlets and reaching into the opening with your hand. This seal can usually be repositioned without disassembly of the instrument panel.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
jeepyjeep

ok, went to the auto shop and gave them the doc on AZC. I asked them to run the following:

Calibrating AZC door actuators

Calibrate the door actuators after making any repairs to the AZC system. To calibrate the door actuators proceed as follows:

1. Turn the ignition on.
2. Set the AZC to automatic.
3. Turn the ignition off.
4. Remove the IOD fuse from the Power Distribution Center. Wait several seconds, and then install the IOD fuse.
5. Turn the ignition on. Do not touch any of the AZC controls for at least one minute to allow the calibration function to run to completion.

AZC self-diagnostic mode:

1. To enter the self-diagnostic mode, depress the a/c and recirc buttons at the same time and hold. Rotate the left temperature control knob clockwise (CW) one detent.

First they wanted to charge me because alldata repair does not include it. ha!ha!

They claim they re-calibrated the system and they ran the diag utility NO problems or error codes, yet i still get 80% flow on the left and 20% flow on the right. They claim this is normal, yet i've had this vehicle since new and it's always blown equal air thru both vents. I'll show them the TSB on reduced air flow. THANKS! wheeling98. I have no clue what else to do without getting nasty about it. hey it worked before it was in the shop and now it's not.

Hey Blake I paid 510 for labor totalling 1345.00 with aftermarket acum, evap, wire harness, blen doors, etc... 1 connector was bad so instead of replacing the connector they charged me 100 for a 10 wire harness. ha!ha!

hey can anyone with a 99 limited with Dual zone air check and see how your air flows thru the vent -
Unread 09-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
jeepyjeep

forgot to add: when i was testing the a/c at the shop, the a/c shut down and the a/c quit working, all lights went off the a/c control. i had to turn the car off/on and the air came back on, shop owner was there and stated that was normal due to moisture in the system - never heard of that...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.