Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

99 Grand Cherokee Laredo

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Robsho67 
#1 ·
Starts right up and runs fine, Few mins after running it loses all power, Put the Pedal to floor and acts like no fuel, no power. Drove 50 miles last night and no problem, On way back home, Seemed like no power, was able to make it back to town, but after getting off interstate, not much power to get through side streets. Left Parked over night, Started right up this morning and ran fine. Drove 3 blocks and then no power, put in neutral and reved up, seemed like no fuel. Parked it and came back 10 mins later, Started right up, reved up and had plenty of power. Please advise!

#2 ·
Intermittent fuel pump could be the problem. When was the last time it had a general tune up, including fuel filter, which could also be the problem if it is excessively clogged.

#3 ·
Sounds like a plugged fuel filter or bad fuel pump to me, problem is the pump is in your tank and I think the filter is too. Check your fuel pressure with a gauge attached to your fuel rail. You should be able to find out what it should be in a haynes or chilton book, otherwise ask your dealer.

#4 ·
So the engine is not stalling at idle or while driving right? It runs, just not well and intermittently?

Read through these threads for a battery & cable issue that many are finding. These things are super sensitive to not getting the right amount of power (...even when cranked and running) from the battery.

#7 ·
So the engine is not stalling at idle or while driving right? It runs, just not well and intermittently?

Read through these threads for a battery & cable issue that many are finding. These things are super sensitive to not getting the right amount of power (...even when cranked and running) from the battery.
It actually runs fine some times.. I was on the way home the other night and was crusing about 65, then all of sudden I had no power.. I was able to make it home, but when I got off the interstate, it acted like is was going to die at each stop light, Actually kept foot on gas, seemed like it was missing. Got it home, Went to bed, got up and it started and ran just fine.. Drove 3 blocks and then it started acting the same like it was going to die. It did not die but was running very rough and had no power....

I'm so glad I found this forum. You all provide great leads and information.

Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.