'99 4.0l, Turn Right, Engine Quits, Help ?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > '99 4.0l, Turn Right, Engine Quits, Help ?!

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 04-06-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
JIM ROLAND

'99 4.0l, Turn Right, Engine Quits, Help ?!

I Have A 1999 4.0 Liter Gc Laredo. Evrytime I Make A Right Turn, (right Turn Only !), The Engine Quits. I Have Checked For Water In The Gas And It Is O.k. A Friend,( Used Car Dealer), Suggested That It Might Be A Bent Pick Up Tube In The Tank. Has Anyone Had This Problem ? Thanks In Advance For Any Help !!!

JIM ROLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
mendelmax
2004 WJ 

Have you tried at completely full tank? This might help eliminate tank problem. Of course I guess you have some fuel there, right?
POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB #11

Anyway, nothing will beat Suzuki :D
mendelmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #3
a70eliminator

probably got something like the starter wiring hanging and the tie rods steering arm or something in that order touches and shorts out elect. system, follow the whole steering from the column rag joint to the tie rods and see if any wires laying out of place. Thats all I can think of caused by turns, the gas tank think I don't think would happen abruptly, does it do it while sitting still?
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #4
Vestjam

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM ROLAND
I Have A 1999 4.0 Liter Gc Laredo. Evrytime I Make A Right Turn, (right Turn Only !), The Engine Quits. I Have Checked For Water In The Gas And It Is O.k. A Friend,( Used Car Dealer), Suggested That It Might Be A Bent Pick Up Tube In The Tank. Has Anyone Had This Problem ? Thanks In Advance For Any Help !!!

Go NASCAR.... just make left handers

Enough laughs... Like 'mendelmax' said. Does it do the same with a full tank of gas? Can you restart it right away? If it happens somewhere you can leave it sit, get out and check underneath for anything obvious. When it dies, is it like turing the vehicle off of more abrupt?

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
4.0L/AW4, Yakima Roof Rack
Vestjam is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.