vert recently replaced thermostat, it wasn't opening and coolant sprayed a lot in engine bay via failed rad cap. next evening driving along for 30 minutes and engine shuts down. I try to start while still rolling in neutral but won't catch.. it would crank and it seems there's a lot of fuel in the fuel rail but it wouldn't start. towed it to shop . now it won't give codes to my mechanic. he thinks the antifreeze from failed thermostat my have damaged the pc PCM he said there was some on the PCM does anyone have any ideas?
I think you need a different mechanic that knows a little more about Jeeps ... the PCM, despite all its problems, is well-sealed against liquids.
So, the thermostat didn't open and the radiator cap spewed a bunch of antifreeze (I'm assuming into the container by the PCM)? Sounds to me like your Jeep overheated in a significant way, and (if so) you may be looking at something much more expensive than a PCM. If it overheated, you might want to have your mechanic check for mechanical problems related to an engine overheating, such as a warped head, cracked head, blown head gasket, etc.