98 ZJ factory service manual (A/C question) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 98 ZJ factory service manual (A/C question)

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-29-2002, 05:46 AM   #1
backyardwrench

98 ZJ factory service manual (A/C question)

Hello,

Does anyone have a 1998 Grand Cherokee factory service manual? I would like to know if there is a valve or flap that switches between the heat and the AC in the airbox under the dash. I can see that both the coolant (heat) hoses and the AC lines go into the firewall(airbox) seperately.
I have my dash apart 9most of the way) so that I can see the airbox and that all the flaps (defrost, upper, lower, etc.) operate properly. The fresh air/recirculate flap also works. So I think the problem may be inside the airbox. When the compressor is on ICE actually forms on the outside of the line that goes into the firewall. So I don't think it is low on refrigerant.
Can anyone look in the FSM for me? E-mail me if you can scan a couple pages and e-mail them to me.
(I sure can get hot here in GA)

Thank you,
Matt

backyardwrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.