98 ZJ Blinkers stop working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 98 ZJ Blinkers stop working

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
reyesslc
1998 ZJ 

98 ZJ Blinkers stop working

Fuse and Relay have been replaced and the blinkers still stop after a few blinks. This issue just started a few days ago.

I've searched the forums and didn't see anything on the ZJ issues with this.

Anyone have any insight on what may be causing this issue?

reyesslc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
iBLaZ3R
1997 ZJ 

Make sure you changed the right relay, I bought a relay, and put it into an empty space (Didn't read manual right.), and it never worked. I replaced the switch lever before I took a look at the relay again, and found that I put it into the wrong place.

You could also have a bad bulb somewhere.(Maybe?)

6/20/13: 220,xxx Miles
9/20/13: 223,5xx Miles (No Major Breakdowns aside from a Pulley breaking on July 4th)

Last edited by iBLaZ3R; 10-07-2013 at 07:00 AM..
iBLaZ3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
chaZJones
1996 ZJ 

replace the flasher
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
reyesslc
1998 ZJ 

I only show a relay and a fuse in the owners manual. Is the relay in the same fuse panel?
reyesslc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
iBLaZ3R
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyesslc View Post
I only show a relay and a fuse in the owners manual. Is the relay in the same fuse panel?
There is a fuse for the blinkers, which when you take it out, nothing should happen when you use the turn signals, and then there is a relay that is semi hidden in the upper left corner of the fuse panel. (All in the passenger compartment.)

6/20/13: 220,xxx Miles
9/20/13: 223,5xx Miles (No Major Breakdowns aside from a Pulley breaking on July 4th)
iBLaZ3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
98 zj , blinkers , electrical issue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.