98 ZJ 5.5 IRO LA Critical Path - OTK steering - WHEEL HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 98 ZJ 5.5 IRO LA Critical Path - OTK steering - WHEEL HELP

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 06-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
Vortexium
1998 ZJ 

98 ZJ 5.5 IRO LA Critical Path - OTK steering - WHEEL HELP

Hey guys I'm ordering the lift shortly. I ordered the iro 4.5 inch lift with all adj ca's. I returned it due to me wanting more height... So the IRO 5.5 LA critical with adjustable ends, JK discos, steering stabilizer and OTK steering. I don't know what I need wheel wise. I'm planning on 33x12.50x16. But please help with the wheels because with OTK I heard I can't use 4.5 backspacing.

Vortexium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

You're going to want closer to 3.75 or 4" of backspacing for those tires. If you still can, don't bother with the IRO steering and get something else. Currie or JCR is what I'd go with.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
Vortexium
1998 ZJ 

I'm gonna use the IRO OTK steering kit, it's much simpler for me to do that online, etc. I just don't know about the whole
Backspacing thing.
Vortexium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

You can order the other steering systems online too lol.
picture-7.png  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2014, 02:31 AM   #5
Jons59ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Vortexium,

How did the project turn out?
I went w/ the 5.5LA Kit, QuikDisco's and adjustable everything F/R. I decided to go w/ the Currie set up and now I have a few issues w/ the passenger side hitting the
quik-disco and popping it off. Still tweaking, might have to get some spacers due to weight of front bumper/winch.

Gimme some input...

Thanks,
Jon
98ZJ 5NINER-Trail Ready Front w/ Grill Guard--Rugged Ridge 8500lb-IRO 5 1/2"LA Fully Adj.Kit-16x8 Pro Comp 7089 Flat Black-35x12.5 Pro Comp Mudd Terrains--Upgraded to NP231HD-Tom Woods Rear Shaft-Rusty's Intake-K&N Filter--ADDCO F & R Sway bars, Currie HD Steering-3"Cat back w/ Flowmaster 50-TireGate HG Series Rear tire carrier
Jons59ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.