This '98 ZJ 5.2 w/TP... what's it got AND what do you think? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > This '98 ZJ 5.2 w/TP... what's it got AND what do you think?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #16
JesseOR
1993 ZJ 

just poking my head in on this one. i thought i should let you know, there is no VC in the WJ AWD.

www.facebook.com/jesse.whitehargrove
JesseOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #17
twohawks

Thanks Jess. I just did a bunch more searching and have confirmed that.
That adds a level of excitement to this potential purchase...

Anyone can comment, if the so-called hard coupler ever needs repair/replacement, seems it would be less cost (and hassle?) than dealing with a VC, yes? (assuming one wishes to keep the awd).

Wish I could have tested it for limited slip when I was out there. Say it doesn't have that.... how big a deal is it to convert to limited slip? (I will search around while seeing if anyone posts).

THANKS!
twohawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #18
twohawks

I am having difficulty searching the forums foanyone dealing with the hard coupler. If anyone spying this has got any clues to links I would appreciate it.
Unread 09-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #19
twohawks

Okay, I have been finding info. You have to search on "low-lock". It would be nice to find a thread for someone discussing working on one.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.