98 zj 42re shifting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 98 zj 42re shifting

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
stormtroopzj98
1998 ZJ 

98 zj 42re shifting

Hey everyone. I'm newly signed up but have been all over this forum for months now. I've did my searching and can't really seem to find anyone that has had my exact problem. When taking off, engine cold or if its been running for hrs, jumps between first and second like it has no clue what to do, the rest of the shifting is fine out of sec and so on. I adjusted the tv cable didn't do much. Changed trans fluid and filter twice. Was always red with no chunks or metal in pan. Trans is topped off and doesn't leak lol. My first thought was tps maybe..... but I truthfully don't wanna just throw parts at it and pray it fixes it. I also have a 900 mile drive coming up, moving to Tenn. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Could it be the pressure and gov solenoid? The front band? It was adjusted but maybe not the right way. Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance.

stormtroopzj98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
stormtroopzj98
1998 ZJ 

Zj threw a p1462. Going to replace gov and pres. Sensors and another new filter and fluid change. Not going to do the tps tested good and also found the TV cable on the trans side has a big cut in the cable itself where it connects so that's going to be replaced. Thanks anyway guys.
stormtroopzj98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.