98 Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 98 Problems

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-14-2001, 04:53 PM   #1
jdruid

98 Problems

Hello..

I am new to this site. Just want to say hi and ask a quesiton. My 98 Grand Cherokee is starting the brake pulsating/vibration again. I had it to the dealer last year for the warranty but it is happening again. Any suggestions..is this something that always happens..can I upgrade to better rotors or is it a brake system problem.

Thanks

[b]98.5 Black Contour SVT [/b]
[i]Mods-->KKM Induction, B&M Short Shifter, Bassani Exhaust, Sho-Shop Y-Pipe, PowerSlot Rotors and Mintex Pads
Tunes-->Sony M670, Alpine R-Series
[/i]
jdruid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2001, 12:38 AM   #2
deepslate98

Email Nick (Kolak@aol.com) and ask about new rotors. He'll set you up with Cross-drilled rotors that won't warp or crack.

Offtopic- Nice SVT. With Kolak Catnback system, Mike Leach headers, and some other mods from Kolak, you'll have your ZJ runnin' with your Contour.
Unread 05-18-2001, 10:11 PM   #3
The Grand Pooh-Bah
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Before you replace the rotors check with the dealer. There is word of a recall on the rotors. What you are experinceing is the infamous rotor warp. If you don't get any satifaction then move up to the cross drilled rotors. Stillen and Power Stop are the best. Performance Friction and 911 pads will take care of the rest. Kolak is a very good source for Stillen. You can get a very good price on the Power Stop rotors through Olympic Import. They have a link on the NAGCA link page at www.nagca.com.

Off Subject,
Where are you from?
Unread 05-21-2001, 12:56 PM   #4
jdruid

I took it to the dealer back in sept. for the recall but it seems like it is happening again. My wife is bringing it today actaully.

I heard negative things about cross-drilled. Warp pretty easy. I know of a few guys who have them on their cars and bad luck with them..same thing with that Power Stop brand.

I had slotted rotors on my old T-Bird Super Coupe and ordered them for my SVT. Work out well.

When I am done with the SVT I will probably sink some $ into the Jeep. Definitely exhaust.

I'm from CT!

[b]98.5 Black Contour SVT [/b]
[i]Mods-->KKM Induction, B&M Short Shifter, Bassani Exhaust, Sho-Shop Y-Pipe, PowerSlot Rotors and Mintex Pads
Tunes-->Sony M670, Alpine R-Series
[/i]
jdruid is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.