98 JGC Laredo from one problem to the next - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 98 JGC Laredo from one problem to the next

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 04-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
gfd732
1998 ZJ 

98 JGC Laredo from one problem to the next

I have a 98 JGC Laredo I6 4.0 recently I had a problem with not spark issues so I replaced the distributor, button, plugs, wires, coil pack, Distributor Pickup Assembly, Crankshaft sensor and after all that we finally get the jeep to give us a check engine light. we checked the code and it called for a new ASD relay. we changed it and it now sparks.

the new problem is now the jeep refuses to stay started. First started out with a miss after we put the ASD relay but now it will idle for a minute or 2 the shut down. i can get it to stay up a little bit longer if i lay the gas pedal on the floor. I found that it will die quicker if i turn the wheel or when it warms up. When it does shut down it is a violent shut down and sounds like engine just dropped out of the bottom of jeep.

I would appreciate and ideas anyone would have on this issue. I really like my jeep, however after today I am starting to second guess my loyalty to it.

Last edited by gfd732; 04-28-2011 at 09:11 AM..
gfd732 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
dying , idle , missing , spark , start problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.