98 JGC Laredo from one problem to the next - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 98 JGC Laredo from one problem to the next

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 04-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
gfd732
1998 ZJ 

98 JGC Laredo from one problem to the next

I have a 98 JGC Laredo I6 4.0 recently I had a problem with not spark issues so I replaced the distributor, button, plugs, wires, coil pack, Distributor Pickup Assembly, Crankshaft sensor and after all that we finally get the jeep to give us a check engine light. we checked the code and it called for a new ASD relay. we changed it and it now sparks.

the new problem is now the jeep refuses to stay started. First started out with a miss after we put the ASD relay but now it will idle for a minute or 2 the shut down. i can get it to stay up a little bit longer if i lay the gas pedal on the floor. I found that it will die quicker if i turn the wheel or when it warms up. When it does shut down it is a violent shut down and sounds like engine just dropped out of the bottom of jeep.

I would appreciate and ideas anyone would have on this issue. I really like my jeep, however after today I am starting to second guess my loyalty to it.

Last edited by gfd732; 04-28-2011 at 08:11 AM..
gfd732 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dying , idle , missing , spark , start problems

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.