98 Grand Cherokee Laredo - dome lights all flash - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo - dome lights all flash

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-02-2004, 09:04 AM   #1
ryan33

98 Grand Cherokee Laredo - dome lights all flash

My 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo - dome lights all flash while sitting or driving. I have replaced all of the door pin switches and I thought the problem went away but it did not. The lights flash more when it is cold outside, mostly early morning. I was hoping to get some advice before I start replacing expensive switches and relays. Has anyone experienced this problem and found a fix?

ryan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 02:18 PM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

That is really strange.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 04:19 PM   #3
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

Maybe the ole Jeep needs an exorcism A faulty switch could cause this, but you replaced them?? Does it only happen in the rain? Could your rubber door seals be leaking to the switch?

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2004, 09:23 AM   #4
ryan33

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasefingers
Maybe the ole Jeep needs an exorcism A faulty switch could cause this, but you replaced them?? Does it only happen in the rain? Could your rubber door seals be leaking to the switch?

I live in Gilbert, Arizona and it doesn't rain much here. I know that it is not rain related but I guess it could be condensation.
ryan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #5
DrumBoy
1998 ZJ 

Hi Ryan,

I was wondering if it was just your dome lights that flash or are things like your gauges as well? I was thinking it might be a ground problem or you might want to check your battery terms. for wear or connection. Maybe an alternator issue, do you have any aftermarket equipment installed? (i.e. CD Player, Amps,) Do you have any cold cranking or the like problems?

Just a thought.
DrumBoy

1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo I-6
K&N FIPK
Gibson GP400S Header
Kolak 2.5" exhaust system
Flowmaster 50
Bored TB w/Poweraid TBS
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Mean Green Alternator/Starter
DrumBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.