98 GC dieing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 98 GC dieing

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
99grnjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

98 GC dieing

My waggon runs great for about 3 days then the next it starts and dies. Changed the coil, Fuel pump, cleaned the IAC. any other idears.

Low out put 4 cylinder jeep club member #67
Green Jeep Club Member#200
99grnjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #2
Redbob
2004 WJ 

"Dying".........
Redbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 08:28 PM   #3
indept
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbob
"Dying".........
Redbob,
wouldn't that mean it's changing colors on him?

99grnjeep,
Your "waggon" I hope you're not refering to your Jeep A waggon which is spelled "wagon" is red & says "Radio Flyer" on the sides.
Is your "Radio Flyer" giving any codes?
indept is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 04:19 AM   #4
99grnjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

No the jeep isn't giving any codes. And I'm sorry I can't spell like every body else on here. This use to be a very informative site. looks like a lot of smart***es, has moved in. I know this comment will probably get me baned but oh well.Also I didn't think people was supposed to flame other folks in the tec areas.
Low out put 4 cylinder jeep club member #67
Green Jeep Club Member#200
99grnjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:25 AM   #5
indept
2000 WJ 

I was just joking with you, Did you check your fule pressure. I know you have a new pump but there is a regulator mounted on the under body right above the rear that the pump pumps into. I have a 2000 4.0l and there is a fitting on the fuel rail to check pressure. You can buy a gauge for cheap at the local part stores.
indept is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
greenzj96
1996 ZJ 

check or replace crank position sensor. mine had the same problem
greenzj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
savannahzj
1998 ZJ 

cps could be the culprit. get your meter and your manual and test it. If bad, replace with mopar not off brand as they are known to die quickly. I would verify steady fuel pressure as well. With your meter you can test all sensors/electrical components that are relevant. I just went through this, and believe me a meter and a manual saved me alot of time and money. My problem was the pcm. The pcm has its own ground, check that as well as the pcm plugs.
savannahzj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.