97zj condensation on evap box, water passenger side floors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 97zj condensation on evap box, water passenger side floors

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
mbossy123
1997 ZJ 

97zj condensation on evap box, water passenger side floors

having problems diagnosing water problem on passenger side floors, getting condensation on evaporator box below glove box, fogging in middle of windshield, etc, have pushed thru drain pipe beyond firewall then closed it off, have sealed rotted seal around that drain with silicone, now need answers or theories as to how to stop water collecting and condensing on evap box, have tried to see if a/c condenser is working, turned defrost on high and checked under hood, no clicking, but only did this test for about 5 minutes, is that enough to say my condenser is cooked?
thanx in advance
Mike

mbossy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
Dubfire98
1996 ZJ 

I had the same problem, trying to figure out where the water was coming from. Wasnt the heater core, wasnt the ac drain, no sunroof, no crack in ac box. My problem was the two body seams under the corners of the hood next to the windshield corners. if yours is anything like mine, there are prob two open cracks and some old factory silicone thats corroded and just plain junk in that area. Check there if u havent already. Hope this helps
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
mbossy123
1997 ZJ 

sorry dub, checked and resealed that, forgot to mention in first post, but thanx anyway
mbossy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
Dubfire98
1996 ZJ 

Eh worth a shot anyhow lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.