97 ZJ interior lights flicker on and off!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 97 ZJ interior lights flicker on and off!!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 08-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
93 Cherokee

97 ZJ interior lights flicker on and off!!

Has been this way for a while but I just pulled the fuse. Gonna try to "FIX" it finally. I pulled the overhead lighting console down. Everything seems to work fine with the door switches and stuff but then you can put it in drive and start to go and they will come on and stay on or flicker on and off. There are 2 plug ins inside the console. 1 goes to the computer portion and the other has 4 wires that run the lights (black, grey, pink, yellow). I have wiggled the connections and it doesn't seem to matter much. The wiring harness from the computer goes up inside the roof and then travels on. I have a multimeter so what can I do and test. Have heard it sounds like a bad ground but there is no ground connection that I see up there. The black wire on the harness I assume is the ground for the lights but like I said when I wiggle the harness it doesn't really affect it.

93 Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
kmk108
1998 ZJ 

Is it just the two lights up front or all of the lights? If it's all the lights make sure that either all the doors are shutting completely or that the door switches are completely working.

White Jeep Club Member #108

2009 FA CUP CHAMPIONS

CAREFREE, WHEREVER WE MAY BE
WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC
AND WE DON'T GIVE A F@#K
WHOEVER YOU MAY BE
CUZ WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC
kmk108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
93 Cherokee

All the lights. Well I think I fixed it. One of the doors I put some tape at the contact point and it quit. Wife said it did it a couple times when she drove it. (was doing it like crazy). I am gonna shim it out with a washer. Thx.
93 Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.