97 zj DW when above 40mph and brakiing diving me nutss! lol - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-18-2009, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
GrandZjs
1997 ZJ 

97 zj DW when above 40mph and brakiing diving me nutss! lol

well im getting a bit frustrated with my zj its all stock with just 31s no lift and when ur driving above 40 45 mph when u hit the brake it goes right into death wobble and i cant figure out wat it is i replaced the steering stabilizer and still same thing somebody elses opinion would b much appriciated ??? help please

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-18-2009, 10:45 PM
JeepOrvis97
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

You probably just have warped brake rotors.

The Orvis has been neglected and needs help. Back on here after a long time. Time to research some help haha

Current jeeps:
1997 ZJ Orvis
1997 TJ 4.0L 5-speed
1993 YJ Sahara Trail Rig
post #3 of 4 Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Virmagicus

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandZjs View Post
well im getting a bit frustrated with my zj its all stock with just 31s no lift and when ur driving above 40 45 mph when u hit the brake it goes right into death wobble and i cant figure out wat it is i replaced the steering stabilizer and still same thing somebody elses opinion would b much appriciated ??? help please
Please explain this DW.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-19-2009, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
GrandZjs
1997 ZJ 

yea thats wat i was thinking but i replaced em and its back again and i hear a klunking like sound on the driver side front when im slowing down almost to a complete stop.....but anyways the death wobble was way worse when i had the super swampers on it right when u acclerate through 40-45 mph the whole front end would wobble then i got just normal a/t s and u feel a slight shimmy through 40-45 but then when u brake does the same thing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.