97 zj DW when above 40mph and brakiing diving me nutss! lol - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 97 zj DW when above 40mph and brakiing diving me nutss! lol

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
GrandZjs
1997 ZJ 

97 zj DW when above 40mph and brakiing diving me nutss! lol

well im getting a bit frustrated with my zj its all stock with just 31s no lift and when ur driving above 40 45 mph when u hit the brake it goes right into death wobble and i cant figure out wat it is i replaced the steering stabilizer and still same thing somebody elses opinion would b much appriciated ??? help please

GrandZjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

You probably just have warped brake rotors.
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandZjs View Post
well im getting a bit frustrated with my zj its all stock with just 31s no lift and when ur driving above 40 45 mph when u hit the brake it goes right into death wobble and i cant figure out wat it is i replaced the steering stabilizer and still same thing somebody elses opinion would b much appriciated ??? help please
Please explain this DW.
Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
GrandZjs
1997 ZJ 

yea thats wat i was thinking but i replaced em and its back again and i hear a klunking like sound on the driver side front when im slowing down almost to a complete stop.....but anyways the death wobble was way worse when i had the super swampers on it right when u acclerate through 40-45 mph the whole front end would wobble then i got just normal a/t s and u feel a slight shimmy through 40-45 but then when u brake does the same thing
GrandZjs is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.