97 ZJ budget Boost - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 97 ZJ budget Boost

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
dclark91
1997 ZJ 

97 ZJ budget Boost

I'm pretty sure that there have been threads about this before, but I'm looking at putting a 2" - 3" budget boost on my 97 ZJ and was looking for some advice on brands, difficulties and any problems that you guys may have had with your own experiences.

dclark91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Dave at Broken Axle is an IRO dealer, so that will probably be the cheapest bet. From what I hear the IRO shocks are decent for the price as well.

Soak everything in PB Blaster before trying to install anything since it will probably be seized and make sure to adjust the toe and drag link after install. I'd also make the cam bolts in the LCAs since you'll be loosening them off for the install.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #3
dclark91
1997 ZJ 

I'm currently looking at the RE 2" express lift with twin tube shocks. Anyone used this lift before?
dclark91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

The pucks are identical, there is one way to make a poly spacer. The difference is going to be shocks and the people that run the IRO DTs are happy with them, I never really felt anything different with the RE TTs. A lot of the shocks you're looking at are very, very similar; when you get into the higher end stuff is where you see and feel the difference between them.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
50notch
1998 ZJ 

I'm running a Rubicon Express 2" BB with there shocks. I've been running it for about a year, no complaints. Install was easy and straight forward, but I did it at work on a lift with air tools.
Unread 02-16-2014, 12:50 AM   #6
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

I had RE shocks on my zj, don't know if they were twintube though, PO installed the lift. I was happy with how they rode, seemed comfortable enough.

And Dave down at broken axle is a good guy, big help with ordering parts and even helped me feed a set of 33's through the front seat of my 4runner when the rear glass was on its period.
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
budget boost , lifted , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.