97 zj brake line replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 97 zj brake line replacement

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 05-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
warrior23
1997 ZJ 

97 zj brake line replacement

I sprung a leak on the rear steel brake line on my 97 ZJ 5.2.I was gonna replace the main line from the front and both rear lines as all of them are rusted badly.My question is do I need to do anything special with the ABS system if I drain out the brake fluid.Or do I just bleed out the air thru the lines ?thnxs

warrior23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior23 View Post
I sprung a leak on the rear steel brake line on my 97 ZJ 5.2.I was gonna replace the main line from the front and both rear lines as all of them are rusted badly.My question is do I need to do anything special with the ABS system if I drain out the brake fluid.Or do I just bleed out the air thru the lines ?thnxs
Just bleed as normal. Just don't let you reservoir run dry or you'll need to bleed master cyl. It will gravity flow dry if you allow it to.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.