97 ZJ battery dies only when the A/C is on? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 97 ZJ battery dies only when the A/C is on?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
Clima702
1997 XJ Cherokee 

97 ZJ battery dies only when the A/C is on?

I took the heads to the machine shop a couple of weeks ago and I just put them back in with everything together. Now when I drive with the A/C off, everything is fine. As soon as I turn the A/C on I can see that my dash lights are getting dimmer and eventually the battery dies.
I believe when I put my alternator back in I could have put the connectors in the wrong place.

Does anyone have a chart on where the alternator connectors go?

Clima702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clima702 View Post
I believe when I put my alternator back in I could have put the connectors in the wrong place.
Unless the wires got cut and spliced somehow , it's not possible to hook the alternator wiring up incorrectly .

I would look for a short in the AC wiring , maybe something got pinched in the process
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

tighten the belt
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.