97 jeep grand cherokee ZJ LIFT HELP!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 97 jeep grand cherokee ZJ LIFT HELP!!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCORGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.com

Unread 10-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
jcaidn07
1997 ZJ 

97 jeep grand cherokee ZJ LIFT HELP!!!!!

I have a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZJ with the 5.2L. I just bought the vehicle and am wanting to put a lift on it. It is a daily driver mainly highway but I go to the country quite a bit. I want around a 4" lift and to run 32's, I have been reading about trabsfer case drops and steering geometry etc. Etc. Im just wondering if I need to be concerned with pinion angles and the geometry stuff and the well known "death wobble" if its mainly going to be highway use. And if I did get the lift what would I need to also get or do so that I dont trash the thing just by lifting it. Help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

jcaidn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
dave_dj1
1994 ZJ 

In my opinion if it's a DD then I would do a budget boost and maybe a little trimming (my stock 5.2 had 31's on it when I bought it and no rubbing). I think if you go this route you will be ok on your questions.
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

read the FAQs before you post. 98.7% of ALL ZJ questions can be answered by reading the FAQs.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/z...u-post-880249/
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
stifmeister

Someone put this teeniebooper on a leash.
stifmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
jcaidn07
1997 ZJ 

Thanks
jcaidn07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.