97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2l rebuild help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2l rebuild help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-09-2013, 05:41 AM   #16
Rich93ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlarson12 View Post
I would still like to stick with this engine. I guess I might just not get headers yet. I still want to see about getting the intake because I have heard that a lot of people have more power and better mileage with it. So is the towing cam a lot better for lower end torque? Do you know any places that would have any used or remanufactured parts? Also, should the valve springs be replaced too?
I'm not trying to sound like a dick but you are NOT going to get a fuel efficient 5.2 L motor no matter how you build it. If you want fuel efficient, buy a Hyundai and drive/fix the jeep on the weekends.

Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #17
72SS
1996 ZJ 

Ok well Pulled engine and tore it apart. Block and crank are at machine shop. Found out today they need to bore to .30 over and did some crank work I kinda forget what he said. But long story short, they are taking my new cam and timing gears i bought and putting a short block together for me. For the cleaning, checking block, boring block and cleaning up crankshaft and re-condishing 7 of the connecting rods and replacing the bent one. and putting everything together into a solid short block. 1100 Bucks. I thought that was a decent deal.
When I get short block back I will put new Iron Ram heads on and new lifters and pushrods. NOW is when the questions begin.

Once I put major stuff back on. I been reading there is a special way to put oil pump back in. And will have to read more on how to reinstall the distributer. Once I get it together I think it needs timing set with some scan tool. Should I just take it to dealership to have then adjust distributer and scan tool it for fuel sync?

Also cleaned up throtte body, Cut the center plate out of the intake and installed plenium kit. Also 703 injectors rebuilt. With a air hat from a durango. Hows that all sound?
72SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.2l , help needed , magnum , rebuild

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.