97 Grand Cher Laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 97 Grand Cher Laredo

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-04-2003, 10:18 PM   #1
bluYJ

97 Grand Cher Laredo

I'm going to look at a 97 Laredo this weekend. It has 56,000 miles, 5.2 engine, and tow package. Any thing to look for on this Jeep? I've been looking at 97+ with V8 (for towing my modified Wrangler). In checking the consumer guides and reliability records, it seems like the 97+ grands have a much better rating (5 stars, compared with 3-4 stars for 96 and older grands). I figure with the very low milage, should be a pretty descent deal. Also did a car fax and came up clean (no reported accidents, 1 owner, no theft recovery, no spedometer tampering, etc...). All this for $9,000. This will be my 1st Grand (have had 3 Wranglers), so wanted to know if any thing else to check out?

33" BFG Muds, 4:88 gears, Detroit's front and rear, Dana 44 rear axle with disc brakes, heavy duty Dodge NP231,SYE, MORE sport cage. [COLOR=blue]Blue Jeep Club Member #61[/COLOR]
bluYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2003, 11:06 PM   #2
pHaZe5unIt1

Re: 97 Grand Cher Laredo

Quote:
Originally posted by bluYJ
I'm going to look at a 97 Laredo this weekend. It has 56,000 miles, 5.2 engine, and tow package. Any thing to look for on this Jeep? I've been looking at 97+ with V8 (for towing my modified Wrangler). In checking the consumer guides and reliability records, it seems like the 97+ grands have a much better rating (5 stars, compared with 3-4 stars for 96 and older grands). I figure with the very low milage, should be a pretty descent deal. Also did a car fax and came up clean (no reported accidents, 1 owner, no theft recovery, no spedometer tampering, etc...). All this for $9,000. This will be my 1st Grand (have had 3 Wranglers), so wanted to know if any thing else to check out?
take it for a 15-20min drive to warm up the tc...then take a sharp turn at low speeds. The vicous clutch tends to bind in the awd tc

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.