97 GC laredo instrument cluster lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 97 GC laredo instrument cluster lights

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
itmikeyg

97 GC laredo instrument cluster lights

hello, i own a 97 grand cherokee laredo and the lights that illumate the instrument cluster as well as the lights that illuminate the gear in which i am in have stopped working. the dash lights have always had a problem with flickering and now all of a sudden they have just stopped working completly. also, whenever my headlights are on, the front two tweeters make a sound like they are shorting out, can anyone help me out?

itmikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

I just did the lightswitch replacement last weekend. Its bad soldering on the circuitboard of your lightswitch. Use the search feature on this site to find the thread, I cant remember where its at, or go to a junkyard and score one cheap. The dealer price for a new replacement is about $60.
Speakers and such arent my thing, sorry , good luck w/ that.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.