97 GC Clock Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 97 GC Clock Question

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-27-2003, 11:20 AM   #1
EMVirostek

97 GC Clock Question

So I just replaced the head unit in my ZJ. Does anyone know how to set the clock in the little computer screen down by the gear shift? I used to have to do it through the head unit.

EMVirostek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2003, 01:08 PM   #2
fureyj

Here's a link of what my owners manual says. Mines a 1996 if it makes a difference.

To reset the Clock/Calendar function:

1. Turn the ignition ON and ensure that the Center is displaying time and date function.
2. Press and hold the SET button until the “HOUR” digit on the Center flashes, then release.
3. A single tap of the SET button will allow selection of the appropriate hour at one increment per tap. Holding the SET button down continuously will scroll through the increments.
4. Pressing the SELECT button will step the display to the next time/date function –minute, day, month, and date. Each function can be adjusted by tapping the “Set” button.
5. Press the SELECT button to lock all settings into memory.
fureyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2003, 07:24 AM   #3
EMVirostek

Thanks for the input. I remember I tried doing that while I still had the factory head unit in and it didnt give me the option of setting the clock. Maybe it will now that the HU has been replaced. I'll give it a shot. Thanks again.
EMVirostek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.