96 zj trans cool lines issue,HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 96 zj trans cool lines issue,HELP

50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 04-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Boreman
1993 ZJ 

96 zj trans cool lines issue,HELP

Ok I had bad trans cool lines. Couldn't find the correct line after market so to it in the arse bought them from the dealer for 300+ American dollars. I re used the old plastic quick connects. Which were ok for awhile. The other day headed to work I blew that line off and rust prodded the underside of my jeep. I tried many things to get around the quick connects. I made my own rubber line with nice ends. Now I have no leak at the line connectsim having blow back through the pan. Wtf !!! My brain is rattled and I need help form all the jeepsters out there. What do I do now.

Boreman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Boreman
1993 ZJ 

Which is the pressure line, is it the front or back line. I've been messing with them so much I'm not sure now. Up front I know the one that goes into radiator is return line and pressure goes into cooler.
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
wood04
1998 ZJ 

on the trans the line closest to the motor is the pressure line, it also has a threaded connector. the pressure line goes to the radiator, then to the aux cooler, and then back to the trans at the rear closest to the transfer case. that connection in the rear is just a quick connect with a plastic clip. I just redid my entire trans line setup when i did a full drivetrain swap, I picked up all 4 of the lines from napa for $105. trans to rad, rad to aux cooler, aux cooler to return line, return line to trans.
wood04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
shaban
1996 ZJ 

You can get a different tranny-side fittings from WJ, they are regular flare-and-cone with a flare nut.
You'd have to flare out your line ends though, and if they're steel it's not going to be an easy job.
Steel tends to split at the flared end.

Or hack off WJ tranny line ends and use rubber hose with clamps to your old tranny lines
shaban is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #5
Boreman
1993 ZJ 

Thanks wood04

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.