96 ZJ Pitman Arm question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 96 ZJ Pitman Arm question

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
bambambubba5
1996 ZJ 

96 ZJ Pitman Arm question

I have a 96 ZJ L6 4.0 and i just put the lift on the other day. Now I have a power steering leak. I plan on replacing the gear box and getting the box brace from KOR as well as an adjustable track bar tie rods and drag link. So i came to the pitman arm. Do I need a drop pitman arm on a 3.5" lift? Ive read several places that you need one for over 4" but that was all different jeeps, not a ZJ. What do you guys say about trying to hunt for a drop pitman arm or can i keep the regular size with no problems?

bambambubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
leadfootny
1996 ZJ 

No drop pitman arm needed. Im on 5" of lift with stock arm.
leadfootny is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.