96 ZJ No Start Instruction Videos - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 96 ZJ No Start Instruction Videos

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 04-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

96 ZJ No Start Instruction Videos

Since I'm having problems with my 96 4.0 hesitating, stalling, not starting, when warmed up, I was searching the web for info. Came across 3 youtube videos posted by an instructor teaching a class. Thought these were pretty good and would post them.

The videos are looking for a short circuit in the electrical system, strictly a no-start problem, which is not the same issue I'm having. But they sure helped me figure out how the 4 sensors (MAPS, TPS, CKP, CPS) are tied together/powered by the PCM (5V reference wire, far right PCM connector, white/black striped wire between Gray/black and Tan/black).

Also thought mentioning the 20A fuse, in #20 slot of PDC, feeding the ASD relay was some good info to know. Instructor also found the Red/yellow striped wire (B31 in PCM connector) was another 5V supply.

May take some patience in watching 3 videos which are about 15 min long each. Just did it in my spare time instead of watching stupid TV. Probably old news to some but not to me who has problems reading electrical schematics.

Note: videos do not include any sensor testing and strictly short to ground troubleshooting. Believe many would have found the wiring problem through visual inspection instead of going through all this testing. Still good info to know.

Uniblurb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
hdrocknroll
1995 ZJ 

Good info

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story

[QUOTE=rooster51;13297693] Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.

[/QUOTE]
hdrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.