96 ZJ - No Blower Motor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 96 ZJ - No Blower Motor

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 04-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
BrandonLong
1996 ZJ 

96 ZJ - No Blower Motor

Hello Everyone,

Was trying to see if I could get some hindsight on how the system works.

Currently I have no blower motor, tested for positive had it and replaced motor, still a no go.

Went in for some further diag and I don't have a ground to the motor? It also appears I have a constant +12v on the positive line. So is this a switched ground system? Where would you look to start on fixing it. Checked all fuses/relays.

Have the manual controls

-Brandon

Unread 04-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Check the connectors on the front of the heater box for pin damage from overheating.
There are usually visual "burny marks and meltyness" (author: ratmonkey)

Looks something like this

Some cut the connectors out and splice all the wires together.
Or just bypass the connector with damaged wires spliced together.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.