96 Limited electrical problem and stalling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 96 Limited electrical problem and stalling

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-09-2003, 01:57 PM   #1
tweek

96 Limited electrical problem and stalling

I am hoping someone has an idea or solution for my dilema. I have a 96 JGC Ltd 4x4 V8 and my problem is that the vehicle occasionally stalls while driving. This always seems to be precluded by times that I needed constant access (not excessive)to the inside of the vehicle opening and closing doors (camping/ loading up kayaks and gear). These simple events have also lead to draining my battery, which shouldn't be the case with normal use. I know it's not the battery as I have had it tested many times. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem(s)? Any suggetions would be appreciated.

Thanks

tweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2003, 09:48 AM   #2
automan25

What kind of battery are you using. Does it have enough amps to run all the lights on the Jeep for extended periods of time? I find it strange that this situation would have anything to do with a drained battery as once the engine is started the power that the vehicle uses comes from the alternator/voltage regulator system. Have you had those checked out?

My vehicle died recently up in the mountains ($150.00 tow). It turned out to be the cam position sensor (located inside the distributor) and the coil. The sensor was about $40 and the coil $25.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.