96 limited build. - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 96 limited build.

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Reply
Unread 10-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #91
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
In the process of painting all three wiper arms semi gloss black. Gonna look alot better than chipped black paint.

__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:54 AM   #92
roughknight69
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jamestown ny
Posts: 1,701
I did my interior in monsta I really like it.

Check out my build thread for pics.
__________________
Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/roughknight69s-95-zj-build-1319907/[/url]
roughknight69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #93
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69
I did my interior in monsta I really like it.

Check out my build thread for pics.
I will check it out when I get off work tonight.

I put my wiper arms back on. Daumm looks good. Ill get pics of it tonight
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #94
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Iv also been thinking about not building a center console and removing the e brake lever, Dosnt work never has. And put a switch panel there. Then gauges in the Vic location. We will have to see though.
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #95
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master
 
Texas ZJ1's Avatar
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 20,072
That parking brake should be fixed. It can be a lifesaver.
__________________
00 4.7 Laredo...stock

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/
602.841.3355

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
480.998.3661
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #96
RagTagSoldier
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bellefontaine, ohio
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1
That parking brake should be fixed. It can be a lifesaver.
That is one my problems lol expect a nice big long thread with plenty of pics in the next couple of weeks as I have no idea what's wrong with mine lol. Probably multiple things. I'll take a bunch of pics when I put my wheel spacer on. But yes I agree get that fixed I have had parking brakes save my life on three separate occasions. The most prominent being I was driving about 15mph on a icy road out in washington and hit a super slick spot an started sliding and ht the brakes. (wasn't my car btw.) Both rear brakes went out. Busted the lines at the calipers. Luckily I ripped the ebrake and the rear end caught A nice clean spot of asphalt. It was black ice. Longish story short I came to a stop about 2 feet from the edge of a 80 degree drop on a 100 foot cliff. Needless to say I chewed out my friend on the preventive maintenance of his car lol. You'd be surprised how far you slide even at low speeds on ice.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum and has probably been edited.
RagTagSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #97
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagTagSoldier

That is one my problems lol expect a nice big long thread with plenty of pics in the next couple of weeks as I have no idea what's wrong with mine lol. Probably multiple things. I'll take a bunch of pics when I put my wheel spacer on. But yes I agree get that fixed I have had parking brakes save my life on three separate occasions. The most prominent being I was driving about 15mph on a icy road out in washington and hit a super slick spot an started sliding and ht the brakes. (wasn't my car btw.) Both rear brakes went out. Busted the lines at the calipers. Luckily I ripped the ebrake and the rear end caught A nice clean spot of asphalt. It was black ice. Longish story short I came to a stop about 2 feet from the edge of a 80 degree drop on a 100 foot cliff. Needless to say I chewed out my friend on the preventive maintenance of his car lol. You'd be surprised how far you slide even at low speeds on ice.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum and has probably been edited.
I have not looked at it yet either. But when I take my rims and tires off to put my new tires on. I will look at it. And when I change all the control arm bushings and everything in the front. I will try to get it working. Is there any kits out there that come with every bushing for the suspension in our zjs?
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #98
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Getting 3.5in foundation lift for Christmas/birthday. Dad said since I paid for my tires he'd buy me a lift :thumbs up: 3.5in lift with dt8000's and then probably front upper and lower adj arms.
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #99
bananaslug
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: upland, ca
Posts: 1,463
awesome dude
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #100
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
So I was talking to ejshultz last night. He was tellin me to pony up and get the fundamentals lift that comes with the front adj double sheer track bar. Question is. Do I really need it? Is it stronger,better? I know that the adj part is better. But I won't be going over 3.5 in for a while. And eventually will probably get rear adj track bar. But is it really needed to go with the fundamentals over the foundation?
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #101
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Hopefully going to talk to kolak after I get out of School today. Get a quote on the lift. Looking at the 3.5 in benchmark lift with 4 dt8000. Will talk to him more about it. And hopefully order it after I get off work tonight.
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #102
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Just ordered iro 3.5 in lift and dt8000s. pretty excited
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #103
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Going to start getting some steal and make a bumper and light bar.
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #104
iser
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Hopefully going to talk to kolak after I get out of School today. Get a quote on the lift. Looking at the 3.5 in benchmark lift with 4 dt8000. Will talk to him more about it. And hopefully order it after I get off work tonight.
get thet adj track bar. period. it is by far the biggest mistake on my zj and i've done some stupid things to it. remember the whole do it right or don't do it? it applies to the track bar.
__________________
[B]- REST IN PEACE, RATMONKEY - [/B]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/isers-build-thread-1401938/"][B]MY BUILD THREAD LINK[/B] - [I]Updated on THU 23MAY2013[/I][/URL]

[B]Specs[/B]- 97 ZJ 5.2L - 4" Zone Lift - 285/75R16 Cooper STT
[B]Upcoming Projects[/B]- Front Axle Swap. On the look out for HP30.
_______________________________________________

[B][I]"lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way"[/I][/B]
- gen. george patton
iser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #105
nickpequignot
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: columbia city, indiana
Posts: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by iser

get thet adj track bar. period. it is by far the biggest mistake on my zj and i've done some stupid things to it. remember the whole do it right or don't do it? it applies to the track bar.
I didn't get the adj track bar. If it needs moving and drilling and adding frame stiffeners were I re mount the track bar until I go bigger then I will get an adj and back to factory location.
__________________
96 limited build thread-http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/96-limited-build-1351732/
nickpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.