96 LAREDO V8 clicking under pass. dash when car is off n' keys are out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 96 LAREDO V8 clicking under pass. dash when car is off n' keys are out

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
charlescherokee
1996 FSJ Cherokee 

96 LAREDO V8 clicking under pass. dash when car is off n' keys are out

My ZJ has been non-op. for a while. I went out of town on a bad battery and came back and had to charge it up to get it going which wasnt a problem. I got it going and let it idle for a while and shut it down and took the keys out. I was doing some cleaning after and noticed a clicking noise coming from the passenger side of the car and thought it was my stero, but i checked all the connections and they were good. I got down on the floor passenger side and listened and it sounded like it was definately coming from something under the dash and glove box. whatever it was either killed my bettery or was letting me know my battery was dieing, because it was only 15 min at most after i shut the car off and there is no reason y the battery should have gone that fast.

I AM TRYING TO SELL THIS THING ASAP. any help would be greatly appreciated and the sooner the better please!

charlescherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
Speedymcracer01

My zj clicks like that if the battery is either real low or about dead. Usually if it's clicking it will not start due to a dead battery. It want even lock or roll the windows up when it's clicking
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
95GCL
1995 ZJ 

Clicking is from a low battery. There are a bunch of fuses on the passenger side, youll see a cover for them if you open the door and look at the side of the dash. Sounds like you just need to charge the battery, or if its a bad battery, replace it.
95GCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #4
Gazang
1997 ZJ 

This is a long shot, but I had exact same symptoms last week and clicking was coming from fuse box under pass. dash.
More specifically it was coming from a relay, I removed the relay and clicking stopped, so I tested the relay and it tested good!
Anyway, turned out to be the interior light vertical slider switch on my dash. (When it is slid all the way up it clicks relay and turns on interior lighting)
The slider was on the event horizon of interior lights on/off and was clicking the relay repeatedly.)
This also killed my battery too by way of flickin on my interiors while I was away from my rig.

Hope it's something this simple for you, worth a look anyway
JS
Gazang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.