96' Jeep grand Cherokee Limited Misfiring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 96' Jeep grand Cherokee Limited Misfiring

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #1
gemir69
1996 XJ Cherokee 

96' Jeep grand Cherokee Limited Misfiring

I have a 1996 jeep grand Cherokee limited 5.2L V8 and I am getting misfire codes p0300,p0308,p0301,p302, p303, p0304 in that order. I have replaces the spark plugs, wires, rotor, distributor and all 8 fuel injectors. I replaced the injectors because I was getting the codes that 2 and 4 were bad along with all cylinders misfiring and the random misfire. After I replaced the injectors and cleared all the codes, I got the earlier mentioned codes specifically. It does idle rough but not as bad since I changed the injectors. It runs better during operation until I get to 55mph and then the check engine light flashes for 30 seconds and then goes solid. It seems to stutter a bit at higher acceleration. Can anyone give me insight on what it could be.

gemir69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.