96 Grand Cherokkee power windows, locks and gauges cut in and out. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 96 Grand Cherokkee power windows, locks and gauges cut in and out.

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
nathanstevens
1996 ZJ 

96 Grand Cherokkee power windows, locks and gauges cut in and out.

Hey im new here and i have been looking around for a solution to my problem but have yet to find one that works.

here is my issue.
most of the time everything is fine but every so often, at least once a day all of my gauges will die along with the other warning lights and none of my windows will roll down or up. also the power locks will only work on the door i push the lock button on(driver side wont control any others). I have noticed that if i bang on the arm rest on the passenger side door everything will begin to work again, but sometime only for a couple of seconds, other times its good for a day and other times it just does nothing.

I have seen other people posting with problems like this one but no one mentioned that their problem was intermittent.

I have checked all my fuses and i looked at the wiring in the pass door but nothing seems bad i also have tried disconnecting the negative lead to my battery and reconnecting it half an hour later and it still didnt help.

this is a very annoying problem and i hope to find a solution soon as it is now summer and getting very hot out and i dont have the ac working in it either.

nathanstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

Bad or loose connection on the BCM.
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
nathanstevens
1996 ZJ 

is there any way i could fix this?
nathanstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

Search for BCM or Body Control Module.

Everything you are experiencing is controlled by it.

Check to see if the connector is loose, or it can also have gone bad. Not hard to change, but you must get one from the correct model year.

96 is different from 97-98.

Tags
electrical issue , gauges , power door locks , power windows

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.