96 gc power lock issue? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 96 gc power lock issue?

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
tom5170

96 gc power lock issue?

96 gc laredo. I think my power lock issue may be causing a parasitic drain.

the drivers side rear door will not lock or unlock using the power locks. I can manually move the lever on the door to lock and unlock it though.

As I am driving, when I go past 15 mph or so, all 4 doors will lock - I heard this is normal.

It's just when I use the power locks this door will not lock or unlock, but it will lock when I go past 15mph.

Also, when I open that door, I can hear something spinning and it's in the lock position, as I hear this noise, I can't move the lever its stuck in lock, and when I press the button on the outside door handle, the spinning will stop or so.

I may be wrong in some of this, but this is the pattern I am seeing so far. Also I moved the jeep last saturday, went to start it today, and it's completely dead. this is when I had all 4 doors locked. I usually left the drivers side rear door unlocked so I could get in and out to my toolbox and the battery never just flat out died like this.

what could it be?

tom5170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
tom5170

well never mind about the power lock issue. i took the boot off the door and found 2-3 broken wires and one wire that was broken ran up to the actuator. I fixed all the broken wires and now my power locks work on that door YAY! can this cause a drain on the battery is the wire is shorted out or broken? Everytime the jeep was running, every time I opened that door, I could hear something winding or spinning and the lever would constantly move to lock. But it wouldn't do that as long as the door was closed. Now it doesn't do that.
tom5170 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.