96-98 Zj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 96-98 Zj

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 07-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Tap112

96-98 Zj

I have read the FAQ and spent a good amount of time searching these forums and elsewhere. I apologize if this is a stupid question.

I want to buy a 96-98 ZJ V8. I do not mind getting a 5.2L since the 5.9 is so difficult to find.

My question is, other than the 5.9L being offered in 1998, are there any differences between these years and if so what are they?? In other words, if I am looking for a 5.2L V8 would one of these years be preferable over the others, mileage and wear being equal (I am not asking about differences between specific models).

Also, since I am making a thread anyway, I am looking to spend under 5K (preferably 3-4) for somewhere in the area of 100,000 miles. This seems reasonable from my research but if anyone wants to clarify this or just add any general advice, I would appreciate it.

Tap112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

I usually get cars that dont have much accessories, so I got the Laredo. You can find a laredo v8 with no problem, and I also think that the cloth seats are more comfortable than the leather.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.