95 zj v8 want a little more performance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 95 zj v8 want a little more performance

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 12-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
petey882
1995 ZJ 

95 zj v8 want a little more performance

hey i have a 98 zj with the 5.2 mpi and would like to get a little more out of it... it is stock except for the single flomaster exhaust that sounds better then my buddys 98 gt mustang.... anyways what can or should i do to get a little more power out of it but cheap i was looking at tb spacers and intake kit what else is there that is cheap to do

petey882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
newfieZJ
Jeep Collector

1995 ZJ 

IAC relocation-fr intake to air intake(search)

Throttle body modification (trimming around the 2 barrels , search for pics)

Intake mods , also refered to a s a "keggar"(the plemun can be modded in a few different areas , like opening up around the injectors and cutting the divider out , plus trimming the runners{please search this in detail , the gains are top end mostly and specs will vary , search lots , jeepsunlimited.com , speed freaks section . This mod is not for everyone

Air intake is good , but complimented best with a free flowing exhaust , most say 3" all the way , some I`ve read 2.5 , I like mine at 3". Very restrictive p/s manifold downpipe , along with a retrictive tailpipe make the stock exhaust a low performance item , doing a complete exhaust will see a notiable improvement

Coil , wires , cap , button , all should be upgraded , and a very slightly larger gap , I believe 40 thou but , as Ive said B4 , search everything . I run MSD with good results

Also on "speed freaks" , there`s a list of HP gains from various mods , good reading
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
BlingBlingZJ
2002 WJ 

read this thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=646994&page=1

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.