95 ZJ Tune-Up ?'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 95 ZJ Tune-Up ?'s

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-07-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
trontheman89

95 ZJ Tune-Up ?'s

I plan on tuning up my zj this weekend and i was wondering what some good plugs and wires were? I've heard that jeeps like regular autolites and that the special platinums are a waste of money. I plan on getting a set of 8mm wires for it. How hard is it to change the cap and rotor since it's placed way back near the firewall? And i cant seem to find the coil. Is it hard to find and replace? Thanks.

trontheman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

I go with the OE specific plugs like the champion copper cores. What motor do you have? On my 4.0 the cap and rotor were easy to replace and the coil is a couple inches forword from the distibutor. If you dont have one already grab a Haynes manual, that will usually help you with most maintenance and repairs.
ZJ_Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
trontheman89

mine has a 5.2.
trontheman89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads
  • IL 6 Tune-Up - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (15 replies)
  • Bad Tune Up - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (16 replies)
  • Tune Up? - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (4 replies)
  • tune up - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (15 replies)
  • tune-up - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (8 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.