95 ZJ passenger side front AND rear floorboards full of water - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 95 ZJ passenger side front AND rear floorboards full of water

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 10-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
bcumby
1995 ZJ 

95 ZJ passenger side front AND rear floorboards full of water

I recently sat a paper sack in my back floorboard and when i went to pick it up the bottom fell out...i thought i had a leaking bottle of bourbon.

When I investigated, it turns out the passenger side floorboards and carpet/glued on heat shield were both absolutely soaked through...and it looks like it has been doing since well before I bought her in March of this year because it is nice and mildewed and the paint in the front footwell has worn off. Thank god no rust-through, although it looks like it might start if I don't get this fixed.

It doesn't appear that my AC drain is leaking...no water is coming from it.

I have checked the forum and it seems that the WJ is prone to the body seals busting open but not on the ZJ. This Jeep was purchased from the original owner and she babied it...it has never been off-road even one time...just used for trudging up a hill on her farm in NJ when it snowed, seriously.

Not sure where the water is coming from or how to address it. I have my passenger front and rear seats out and have sopped up three towels and a bathrobe full of water (ran out of towels).

Any ideas, troubleshooting tips, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem? I had a YJ that had a clogged up condensate drain, but never to the point it filled up the backseat footwell like that.

Right now it is running with the AC on high and I am trying to give it time to fill up the floorboards. Next I'll check the windshield and airbox seals by taking it to a carwash and giving it a high pressure bath.

I would post pics but all it would be is wet carpet pad at this point.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

bcumby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.