95 Zj Diagnostic codes? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 Old 11-30-2012, 05:16 PM
papitt
1995 ZJ 

.. As I've said several time I worked at a dodge & Jeep stealership from 2002 to about 2009.. I was a service adviser when these trans would not shift it was most of the time . The governor pressure solenoid and the transducer.
... Sad to say I didn't want to just change these items. So I was stupid and took mine to a shop that I thought I could just get to swap trans for me. Well he didn't check mine and ended up just pulling the trans out and taking it to a trans shop he'd made a trade with . The trans guy pulled my trans apart & found nothing wrong . So he replace the paper gaskets and the seal kits and put it back together. Then it was reinstalled and it would still not ship so they checked the solenoids and low & behold that was what it needed . So I got another 250.00 of parts an it now shifts good . But it did come home with a leak on the pan.
......... I hate taking something to a shop . And I sure knew better. .. Napa now has one of those parts .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 05-17-2013, 01:07 AM
eagsc7
1994 ZJ 

My OD light flashes 15 times without a pause. Is that a Code 15 or something REALLY WIERD?!? Did this 5 times in a row with same result. After the pause(a couple seconds) it flashes another 15 times.
post #18 of 19 Old 12-19-2013, 08:03 PM
jimakin

I got a code 55 in my 95xmas but it wont stay running when its warm I replaced the tps this is the second day its done this
post #19 of 19 Old 04-16-2016, 12:26 PM
ZJ1995
1995 ZJ 

so on Thursday I had problems with my Zj running blowing out a lot of black smoke. only code was 13. on Friday I moved it so I can work on it today and it ran fine no problems at all. so I fianly got a chance to test work on it today and not only is in not running right again and getting a code 13 again also getting a 14 and 24 now. I'm still thinking about getting a new map sensor but was woundering it the tps is some way connected to the map sensor, or did my tps just happen to stop working at the same time as my map sensor?

The mind is like a parachute, it works better when open!
95 ZJ UNLimited upcountry suspension ::::: 98 ZJ ProComp Rims Needs a radio(SOLD)
95 XJ Fixed! (SOLD)... F.S. 4.0 I6 130k, 42RE trans and D35 3.73 gears

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.