Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

95 jgc fuel pump

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  chris87xj 
#1 ·
i have a 1995 jeep grand cherokee se 4.0 6cyl, problem started few months back. was running fine untill i poured a bottle of injector cleaner into the gas tank. week later i tried to pas another vechickle and my jeep was bunking like it was'nt getting enough gas. so slowly pressing the gas pedal i could build up speed, but if i mashed pedel to get faster speed it would start bunking like it was'nt just getting the gas. so i bought a fuel filter. when i took loose the fuel line from the tank side from the filter it looked like muddie water comming out, real dirty fuel. so after replacing the filter, it ran good for about 3 days. then i replaced the filter again. and the same thing with the dirty fuel.its been 8 months and 4 fuel filters. its still bunking like its not getting the right amount of fuel. i think the problem started when i poured the injector cleaner into the tank loosened up whatever was in the tank , and it started going through the fuel pump and filter. my question to you do you think i need to take down the fuel tank clean it out and replace the fuel pump and filter? i have already bought a new fuel pump and injectors. please give me your opinion on this. thank you.

#2 ·
:wrongforum::wrongforum::wrongforum:
But yes drop the tank, and see what is in there, by the sound of it, it REALLY needs to be cleaned. Replace fuel filter, and the sock on the end of the fuel pump, IF the pump is running correctly, it may need to be replaced as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.