Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

95 grand cherokee transmission shifting problems

16K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  nvious62 
#1 ·
I just bought a 95 grand cherokee laredo with 5.2 v8 all time 4wd. The problem i am having is the transmission. It works fine when it is cold goes in all gears and will drive. When it gets warm it will go into all the drive gears but does not shift quite right. As for reverse it will not grab right away but when it does grab it grabs real hard then it will drive. Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to do? And if anyone could tell me what transmission come in this year cherokee.

#3 ·
i am working on that right now and no its not stupid. was always taught to start trouble shooting the simpliest stuff first just trying to get a few more ideas as to what to do if that dont work. not used to working on jeeps just bought this one in good shape runs good just tranny problems got it for 200 so any and all help be appreciated

#4 ·
If the pan is not full of clutch matterial then it may not hurt to take the vehicle to the dealer to see if you have a bad solenoid, transducer or output speed sensor. Any of those can cause some pretty poor shifts. Accurate diagnostics can save you some $$$ over just throwing parts at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.