95 grand cherokee limited 4.0l re42 no 2nd or over drive - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 95 grand cherokee limited 4.0l re42 no 2nd or over drive

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
mflintstone
1995 ZJ 

95 grand cherokee limited 4.0l re42 no 2nd or over drive

Picked this jeep up for $500 last weekend. Fixed fuel leak bad supply line off of tank. And hatch wouldn't open. Broken headlight fixed that to.
The transmission. Won't up shift. I can put it into 1st and 2nd stays in 1st. drive overdrive starts out in 3rd. And won't up shift to od. No codes all fuses good and relays all new.
Started to pull transmission tonight. What a choir. Well took pan off. few metal flakes in it. No magnet.
Got to looking around and pulled the accumulator cover off and. Found broken spring.
Got me doubting should I finish pulling the transmission?
What does the accumulater do?
The fluid didn't smell. Look good and not discolored.
What say all of you guys?
I've been reading here awile and finally have something to post.thanks

mflintstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
mflintstone
1995 ZJ 

Anyone think of anything else I should replace while I got her gut opened up?
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
mflintstone
1995 ZJ 

I took her on to tranny shop today and they hooked it and wouldn't you know it problem with the governor pressure solenoid. Code was thrown for it. Cascade transmission has a kit for 199.88.
Replacing the 3 pin with a 4 pin and had solenoid and sensor, lock up and od solenoid with harness, output speed sensor, governor housing gasket,3-4 accumulator spring, filter and pan gasket. Good deal I think. Shop was trying to talk me into buying a remanufactured transmission for only $1600., lol just gotta laugh.
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
mflintstone
1995 ZJ 

Got the stuff changed and yeah got 1st and over drive and boo codes wheeehooo
Unread 07-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
mflintstone
1995 ZJ 

Crap now my dang transfer case is leaking.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.