95 grand cherokee laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 95 grand cherokee laredo

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
Gmurph89
1995 ZJ 

95 grand cherokee laredo

Does anyone know what this issue is? i just got this laredo v8 95' everything works and runs great but one minor problem every little bump i hit i hear a clunking/knocking sound in the rear. the rear for sure! and when i grab the tire and yank back and forward it feels almost loose(the tire itself is not) and the knocking sound persists. someone help this 19 year old who wants the full feel of his jeep. thanks.

Gmurph89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Funk1974
1995 ZJ 

I'd grab some wrenches, climb under your jeep and tighten all the bolts(mainly on the suspension) that you can. If that doesn't help, it may be a worn bushing. To find where, just shake the various suspension pieces to look for what's loose.
Funk1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
steve L.
1997 ZJ 

Ive got the same problem under my 97' jeep laredo. i dont know what it is but it sounds just like your explaining.

A Little Taste of Jersey Wheelin Of A 1997 & 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee's For Your Enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxa3-LJhz-Y
steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
JoshuaDHarp
1997 ZJ 

it's probably the exhaust hitting some where when you go over bumps.
JoshuaDHarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
my95GRAND
1995 ZJ 

Your mysterious noise is probably the rear liftgate. I also have a 95 Grand and
it has the same rattle, I check everything and it is my liftgate, although I dont
know how to fix it. i tried to adjust the stops but that didnt help. But listen closely
with the radio OFF and when you here it, it should sound like its coming from inside,
if its the same, but if it sounds like its coming from underneath your jeep, and its a solid sounding
clunck then check all your suspension components.
my95GRAND is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.