95 cherokee dangling hose - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 95 cherokee dangling hose

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-02-2005, 02:38 PM   #1
pjam

95 cherokee dangling hose

I'm a noob here, but I'm trying to help a friend.
This morning I noticed a small diameter (1/4 inch?) rubber hose dangling near the front of her 95 Cherokee. She told me that her thermostat had just been replaced, so maybe it came off during that work.
I got underneath and traced it back to the front axle. It is connected to the "pumpkin" part of the axle/drivetrain (gearbox?). I figured it was probably a vaccuum hose of some sort. I started looking for the nipple it should be connected to and found nothing. Didn't see anything on the air box , brake booster,power steering,etc.
I just secured it up out of the way so it wouldn't drag on the road for now.

Any ideas or links to hose routing diagrams? Again it is a 95 Cherokee.
Thanks

pjam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #2
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Front differential vent. You want it up so that moisture doesn't get down it. It's usually just clamped near the air filter box.
Unread 12-02-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
pjam

So the other end doesn't fit over anything? That makes sense. Also, I did see some plastic "hose holder" fittings on the inner wall of the air box. I guess I'll just pop it into one of those.
Thanks for the quick response!!

I drive a VW and have learned a lot from the VW Vortex forums. It's refreshing to visit another vehicle forum that is this helpful.

Thanks again.
Unread 12-02-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

We try, sometimes we just endup hijacking threads, but we do try to be helpful....sometimes..
Unread 12-02-2005, 03:01 PM   #5
pjam

What, hijack threads?
What civil person would do that?

VW Vortex is Hijack central

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.