95' Alarm System - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 95' Alarm System

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-01-2004, 11:19 AM   #1
rlhoot

95' Alarm System

So, i just got my car back from the mechanic where he replaced some dash bulbs, and put in a new windshield wiper motor in. well that night, at about 2 in the morning, the alarm starts going off. i deactivate it, and about 5 minutes later, it does it again, so i go lock the jeep without activating the alarm, and it is fine. then the next day i accidently locked it with the remote and forgot about it, then later that night, it starts going off again. does anybody know what could be causing this?

rlhoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2004, 08:26 PM   #2
1st95gc

I bought a 95 and found out from the dealer it has a alarm system in it, but I can't get it to work. The dealer of course wants $80 just to look at it. Maybe the person I bought it from had the same problem you are having and had it disconnected I don't know, maybe I'm better off leaving it alone. But I have to say since the jeep has it I would like it to work, I can always pull a fuse to stop it if it starting having a mind of its own.
1st95gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 02:12 PM   #3
rlhoot

Yeah, it just started doing it, and the alarm system is connected to like 5 fuses or something like that, so it's crazy, I wonder if maybe a fuse is causing this to happen. but again, i have no idea.
Unread 04-02-2004, 08:37 PM   #4
1st95gc

It's my understanding that if the fuses are no good the alarm will not work. There are three fuses in the box on the passenger side of the car where you open the door that involve the alarm system. #6,7, and 21 you can check them and see if they are good or not. They are all 15 amp fuses, check them and let me know. I'm still trying to get mine to work without going to the dealer.
Unread 04-02-2004, 08:44 PM   #5
Jeepnvegas

I have a 95 Grand Ltd and the alarm has been going crazy, so I went to the service writer at the dealership and she told me it was the door switches. I replaced the hood switch and passage door switch and it only cost me $12 each. I hope this may help.
Unread 04-02-2004, 09:07 PM   #6
1st95gc

Where are the switches located at, and how hard to get to?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.