95 4L will not start. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > 95 4L will not start.

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-20-2003, 01:09 AM   #1
Zeff

95 4L will not start.

Hello, I joined to see if anyone could help me fix my mom's jeep.
She's got a 95 4L I6. Everything is stock, everything has been serviced on a regular basis, the car has 91k on it.

Problem: The Jeep just won't start. It sounds like it tries to start, the motor turns but just doesn't ever catch.

My dad and I checked the fuel filter first, thinking that this might be the problem. NO it was not. We then ran a continuity test from the battery to the distributor, somewhere there is the problem. We tested before the ignition coil, and after... the distributor is seeing power and so are the plugs. We tried new plugs, the car sounds a little better but still won't start.

I got on here and found out about the codes...
Our Jeep is running code 11, our manual says that some wire running from the distributor isn't properly connected to the PCM.

We replaced the ?distributor coil? (that thing with the little wire harness that connects to the main harness) and reset the PCM but the car will still not start.

Any tips? We've never had any problems with our Jeep. We parked it and then the next day it wouldn't start.

thanks,

Zeff

Zeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2003, 07:09 AM   #2
wyatterp22

You can look at my post stalling not starting up date. I am going thru the same problem right now. See it that helps you.
wyatterp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2003, 11:28 AM   #3
Zeff

I'll check it out.
Zeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2003, 04:10 PM   #4
wyatterp22

i posted a reply to mine for you see it that helps
wyatterp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2003, 06:35 PM   #5
jeepilot

You might want to try checking all of your sensors. Same thing happened to my mom's/my jeep at about 95k miles, fine one day, dead the next. After replacing the rotor, distributor, wires, and plugs we figured it wasn't it. It was the crankshaft position sensor, also check the camshaft position sensor.
NP249--->NV242 swap, Banks Header, Carsound high-fow catalytic converter, Flowmaster Delta40 muffler, Homemade K & N cold air intake, ABS Disconnect switch, Hayden Transmission cooler, Dual whip antennas (Cobra CB and Scanner), OME HD coils, DT3000 shocks, 31" Dunlop Mud Rovers.
[URL=http://members.cardomain.com/jeepilot]Pics[/URL]
Jeeps...Making mechanics out of average guys since 1941.[/SIZE][/FONT]
jeepilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.